Infolinks In Text Ads

RSS

Picking Up the Dude

Dear E. Jean:  My boyfriend of three months just moved to a new place. When I visited, I commented on all the boxes everywhere, and he laughed and pointed out a vibrator on his coffee table. I was surprised and asked if he was making a joke. He wasn’t. I asked where it came from, and he said it was his, Then he quickly added that it had been “cleaned and sterilized and is still fully operational.”
I was flabbergasted. I tried to discuss the issue, but he just kept laughing it off. The rest of the evening, I struggled to push my feelings aside, but I completely broke down when I got home. I called the next morning to explain in a very calm way that I didn’t care what he did with the vibrator, but I never wanted to see it again because it represented his intimate times with the woman he’d been with for five years. Then I asked how he felt.
He said he couldn’t talk because he was just going into a meeting but promised he was going to think about it. I sent him a funny message the next day and never heard back. I sent another two days later. Nothing. He’s MIA! I want to work this out. What’s going on here?He Won’t Talk About the Issue

Miss Issue, My Charming Dodo:

At a time when women are leaving vibrators on the coffee tables, refrigerator shelves, and fireplace mantles of every man in America, it is impolite for a lady to be “flabbergasted” when encountering a gizmo in a gentleman’s living quarters. The correct response is to be totally grossed out. Your instinct to “discuss the issue” was honorable. (I’d have simply glanced at the thing and said: “I wondered where my grandmother left this.”) However, the guy was so flustered, all he could do was laugh. And because he laughed about something so important, you were hurt.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment